This weeks blog, I would like to focus on a few of the business in town that I find exceptional. I often get questions from my clients about where to go in town for different things.
I would like to start with why my family and I moved to Brattleboro. After, remarrying and moving from Dallas, Texas to Massachusetts, I discovered that I could not get a reciprocal massage license in Massachusetts but would have to return to school in their state. I was beyond upset and set out to find a state and town to fit my needs for work. We drove through Brattleboro weekly to visit my in-laws in New Hampshire. When we would enter the town I would feel peace settle over me and a feeling of being at home. Much to my happiness level, I discovered I could practice in Vermont with my Texas Massage License. We found our current apartment 5 years ago and have loved living here ever since.
I have chosen my top 5 places to eat here in Brattleboro and I frequent in no certain order.
1. Whetstone Station– Our family loves to visit this restaurant for just a drink or a full fledged meal. The service is amazing and the food is out of this world. They brew some of their own beers which my husband says are amazing. At times you will have to wait due to so many people there but totally worth the wait for fresh amazing food. The place also has an amazing rooftop bar with its own menu of bar food and a very spectacular view of the river. My husband and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary at Whetstone Station. When you book your massage appointment make sure to leave time to visit this awesome place that is only 0.03 of a mile from me.
2. Three Stones– This place reminds me of all my travels in Mexico. The food is always hand made that day and very fresh. You have to have reservations since it is a very small location. We have celebrated my daughter’s birthdays in style at Three Stones. The wait is never long and the experience is always a joy to the taste buds. For those of you looking for a new experience make sure you book your reservation for a dining experience after your massage.
3. Amy’s Bakery Art Cafe– Amy’s has wonderful coffee, baked goods, and sandwiches that are all freshly made on freshly baked bread. They have tables over looking the Connecticut River or Brattleboro Main Street. This is a great place to work outside the office after getting a great massage.
4. Thai Bamboo- Does not have a website. Address: 7 High St, Brattleboro, VT 05301; Hours: Open today · 11:30AM–10PM; Phone: (802) 251-1010 I have eaten at this restaurant for lunch and dinner. The food is delicious. I do not recommend eating here if you are on a time schedule since they can be slow at times due to limited workers. The food makes it totally worth the wait. Go visit this restaurant on first Friday of each month so you can also do the Gallery Walk in Down Town Brattleboro.
5. The Porch Too– They offer fresh made breakfast and lunch during the week that will make your taste buds sing. I love to pick up lunch and take it to sit by the river or on a hike on one of our many wonderful hiking trails. After hiking come get a massage that will relieve your tired muscles.
As you can see we have tons of food and fun to offer in Brattleboro. Book a massage today and get a taste of Brattleboro while you are here.