I have been absent from my blog for a few months due to the responsibility of taking care of my parents, helping with the family ranch and working my Balm & Fizz business.As a result of these
We will start with the definition of selfcare per the Webster dictionary…
” self-care noun
noun: self-care; noun: selfcare
- the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one’s own health.
“autonomy in self-care and insulin administration”
- the practice of taking an active role in protecting one’s own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress.”
I am a very strong-willed person that does not always take time for myself because I enjoy helping others around me. This can be both bad and good. As a child, mother, wife, friend, client, business person and my own person the lines often get smudged and I begin to feel closed in and wonder if it will ever be about me. That’s when I know it is time for some selfcare time. I choose many different outlets that work for me from coffee with a close friend, repurposing an object, reading a good book, binge watching TV shows, cooking, massage, gardening to a weekend away with hubby. What works to settle my mind, body and soul may not work for you. It is important to find your outlet that works for you.
What parts of us need selfcare?
- Physical – The need to exercise our body through walks, gym, nap, or activity you enjoy
- Mental- Can be broke down into – What are my Thoughts and How can I make these thoughts work for me?
- Emotional- Emotional are your feelings in motion can be directed for good
- Pleasure- comes from many areas from eating, touch, mental connections and many more areas
- Sensory – The area of sight, touch, hearing, and taste
- Social – It is always important to choose friends that uplift you and don’t become a your very own emotional vampire. Family can give you socialization but should not be your prime source.
- Spiritual – Your connection with God or Higher Power.
This list will help you to find what things will help you practice selfcare in your life so that you can be your best self. As a massage therapist I know that massage can address many of these areas for those that need to relax and just let go of all of life’s troubles.
I have made my goals for 2019 around the above list of selfcare areas. I am looking forward to 2019 ending with my being totally rejuvenated from a rough season of not taking time to reflect on selfcare. My business focuses on giving my clients away to practice care in their lives. I look forward to meeting you and helping your year be fabulous.